Department of Banking and Finance
The Department of Banking and Finance aims at the qualification of new staff with general knowledge, alert to the challenges in finance, and able to work in banking sector as well as in the administration of local and foreign private companies. The student will be able to acquire the necessary knowledge to operate in Cambodia and abroad due to the learnt theoretical framework, banking system, Cambodian economy, accounting, etc. The department’s objective is to qualify new financers and bankers, supplied with the field knowledge by benefiting from all the achievements of this discipline at the international level. The first necessary requirement for the pursuit of studies in this department will be the High School Diploma in Cambodia or an equivalent diploma of a Foreign High School Diploma subject to the criteria established by Ministry of Education Youth and Sport. The Admissions for this department will be defined by the admission exam. The necessary documentation for registration and for admission is explained in the Regulation of Zaman University.
The objective of this department is to fulfill the need for qualified members in the field of finance and in banking system, and to prepare skilled people to work in different banking sectors. In addition, the vast demands from the high-school applicant have been an influent factor for the establishment this department. This department has the following advantages:
- Appropriate and comfortable spaces for students and academicians.
- Recent catalogs and educational programs based on the global trade of labor demand.
- Diversified staff (foreign and Cambodian) with long educational experience.
- Possibilities for internships during the education in foreign and local banks.
- The spaces are supplied with wireless and cabled internet 24 hour that students can use to develop their research.
- The possibility of employment for the graduated is tightly connected with their academicals advances, courage, and conditions that will be provided by the University.
- The graduated students will have consolidated knowledge on finances, banking and economic processes.
- Students will be able to situate trade development and find relevant solution to the continuously appearing challenges.
- Through the gained experience, the graduated students will be among the most preferred staff in the specific disciplines due to their profession ethics, acquired theoretical framework, and applied methodology when employed.
- The department aims at encouraging and motivating the graduated students to organize and manage their private activities.
The system of attendance is full time. A detailed information on the courses offered in the semester schedules are included in the academic plan. The list of departmental must, elective, restricted elective and free-elective courses is provided in details in the academic catalog, including the theoretical lessons, recitation lessons, credits, and workload of each course. List of courses offered each semester by our department and academic catalog correlate together. Academic staff evolved in the fulfillment of the academic program is expected to have the following patterns:
- The educational workload for these four years is 159 credits. Seven full time and part-time academicians are responsible to handle the course load. The foreign and the Cambodian staff is totally dedicated to the well-functioning of the department organization, they are also highly qualified and supplemented with empirical experiences from important institutions in Cambodia and abroad.
- The basic instructive texts are the most recent editions of books. At the same time, registration in the most important on-line academic journals will facilitate the conduct of research by students, who can navigate freely in these sites. The course syllabus with weekly schedule of the lectures will be given by the instructor at the beginning of the course. Foreign literature will be used during the program studies.
- In addition to the course schedules, ZAMAN University will cooperate with important companies and banks in Cambodia to organize internship for students helping them to better perceive the use of theoretical framework in empirical conditions as well as to enhance their organizational and administrative skills. Moreover due to multimedia lab found in the University, students will be continuously attending video-conferences on various topics, held by distinguished international bankers and head chiefs of different organizations. The format of the academic curriculum of the Banking and Finance department is based on the model of the most well-known universities in the world.
The degree conferred upon the completion of the undergraduate program is specialist in Banking and Finance/Bachelor of Arts in Banking and Finance. The qualification from this department provides students with knowledge in Banking and Finance, and prepares them with the necessary organizational skills to serve in the public and private banking system.
What can you do after graduating from our Banking and Finance majors?
You will stand a better chance to be hired by international companies in Cambodia, the region and the world because of having a good command of English, specialized knowledge and IT skills.
Banks, finance, investment and management fields desperately need people like you when you graduate: critical thinker and problem solver, cooperative team player, negotiator, confident, presentable and IT-savvy. With these skills, you can find prestigious and highly-competitive management, banking, finance and investment jobs not only in Cambodia, but also in the region and the world.
- Human Resource Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Corporate Finance
- Investment Manager
- Financial Planning Manager
- Strategic Planning Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Retail Manager
- Manager for Start-ups
- Manager for NGOs
- Loan/Micro-Loan Managers
- Real Estate Manager
- for local and international companies in Cambodia
- Business Consultant
- Financial Consultant
- Securities Consultant
- Banking Consultant
Curriculum of Department of Banking and Finance
|ACAD 101||Fundamentals of Academic Skills I||3|
|BUS 100||Principles of Business Decisions||4|
|ECON 100||Introductory Economics||3|
|KHM 101||Khmer Studies I||3|
|MATH 160||Mathematics for Social Sciences||4|
|MATH 170||Calculus for Finance||4|
|ACC 202||Principles of Accounting II||3|
|BAF 210||Financial Markets and Institutions||3|
|BUS 202||Leading and Managing People||3|
|BUS 212||Business Analytics||3|
|BUS 210||Retail Business||3|
|BUS 211||Organizational Behaviour||3|
|BUS 310||Asian Markets||3|
|BUS 320||Consumer Behavior||3|
|BUS 321||Human Resources Management||3|
|MIS 201||Principles of Management Information Systems||3|
|MIS 301||Knowledge Management||3|
|BUS 401||Operations Management||4|
|BUS 411||Business Strategy||3|
|BUS 212||Business Analytics||3|
|MATH 101||Calculus I||4|
|MATH 102||Calculus II||4|
|MATH 103||Calculus III||4|
|MATH 201||Linear Algebra and Its Applications||4|
|MATH 202||Differential Equations||4|